“When hell freezes over” is a phrase reserved for the impossible, improbable and “no way” type situations. I’ve heard hubs say the words when I mention him in skinny jeans as well as every time I have predicted that the Royals were heading into the post season.
Well, BD…read it and weep:
Our cousin, Nancy, posted this Atlanta polar vortex picture on her Facebook page back on January 7 and her inadvertent prediction is playing out nicely for the Boys in Blue.
Since their first game way back in April, I’ve been a quiet but positive fan. Every time BD wanted to “trade them all” I said a silent prayer to the baseball gods, put on my Moose antlers and sacrificed a live chicken. Admittedly, I’m struggling with some nerves today. The Wild Card game tonight is at home (they seem to play better away) and somebody stole my antlers (Bella Luna!)
Anyone who follows the Royals knows that their defense is deadly, the Bull pen is nasty and their chemistry unmatched. We’ve watched or listened to almost every game of the season and I have had to talk my husband off the ledge more than once (he’s such a non-believer).
The last time we were in a post-season situation, Ronald Reagan was president, gas was $1.20/gallon and I was a freshman in college.
I could be these guys’ mother…or cougar girlfriend.
So today, I’m sending very specific prayers to the baseball gods and would love it if you added a few of your own.
- Big Game James: may you own the mound and come out throwing the nasty
- Esky: may the Gold rest on your Glove
- Salvy: strike ’em out, throw ’em out!
- Aoki: Dokey!
- Moose: for the love of all that is good and holy…NO POP FLIES!!
- Double play Billy: Do not hit to second base, I repeat, no bloopers to second base
- Lo Cain: don’t pull a hammie…we need you for October
- And finally, if Billy hits into his signature double play, remind Gordo, Infante and Hosmer to pick up the slack.
Don’t stop believin’ folks…sometimes Hell freezes over!