I’m Macy Grey and I run this joint.
My poor mama is under the weather. When I heard her coughing up a lung and moaning last rites, I knew it was time to step in. But, as soon as I volunteered to write her post, my tummy went rumbly and it won’t quit growling. It’s either nerves or that last bit of mole I dug up this morning–probably a little of both.
In case you didn’t know, my family often looks to me for advice. I’m smart and loyal and I love them with my whole heart. In dog years, the earth has gone round the sun 72 times since I was born and that equates to enough experience under my collar to share some wisdom.
My little brother, Cleve, isn’t here right now to help (thank goodness!), but I’ll be sure to represent and make him proud. Mama found some of these during her reading this morning, so I took the best and added a few of my own.
Life Lessons that Humans can learn from Dogs:
1) Wag more, bark less
2) When loved ones come home, always run to greet and shower them with kisses
3) Don’t eat yellow snow
4) Avoid biting when a simple growl will do
5) When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently
6) Sometimes we tell old friends good-bye, but it doesn’t mean we don’t miss them
7) Never pretend to be something you are not
8) Let others know when you’ve invaded their territory
9) Never underestimate the healing power of sunbeams and fresh air
10) Go for walks, take long naps and eat your food with gusto
11) Just because you are proud of them, no girl wants to see your private parts laying on the couch…or on the bed…or in our face….
12) It’s okay to tell people that you are very, very sorry. Things happen, chocolate gets eaten, furniture gets chewed. You are still loved.
13) Don’t just accept people as they are, love them as they are!
If you’d like, please you to add your own dog/life lessons in the comments below. I gotta run! My mama needs me to snuggle with her under a big cozy blanket.